(RE/MAX Blog)-If you would like to sell your home quickly and for top dollar, some updates may be in order. Outdated details such as that wallpaper or pink bathroom tiles that may have been on trend when you first purchased your home, may not exactly be perceived as attractive selling points from current home buyers. Therefore, it may be beneficial to bring your home up-to-date by making changes when trying to get the best offer possible. Here is a list of some items that may date your home.
Items that may date your home:
- Popcorn ceilings: Update to a smooth textured surface
- Tiled counter tops: Update to a clean sleek, easy to clean surface such as granite or quartz
- Brass fixtures: Home buyers tend to prefer fixtures that feature more neutral shades, such as black or gray.
Tips and Tricks:
- Have a low budget? Update cabinet hardware or light fixtures for a huge impact without breaking the bank.
- Get second opinion: Sometimes it is hard to tell what changes need to be made. Ask a friend or a real estate agent for their opinion.
- Grab inspiration from social media or online. Look on pinterest for idea.